The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is intended for those who wish to enter into a teaching role and for those who have worked in assessing roles and wish to progress on to a teaching qualification. The qualification is also suitable for trainee teachers as well as those who have experience in a teaching role.
On successful completion of the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training you will have the knowledge and understanding of delivering education and training, planning in education and training, using resources in the delivery in education and training and understanding the roles, responsibilities in education and training. You will also gain knowledge and understanding on how to sequence learning, plan and deliver sessions, using appropriate resources and teaching methods.
The Qualification includes the following units :
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Wider professional practice and development in education and training
You will also have the opportunity to undertake optional units which include:
- Action research
- Developing, using and organising resources within a specialist area
- Internally assure the quality of assessment
- Understanding the principles and practices of externally assuring the quality of assessment
- Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment.
You will be required to complete the Qualification within 12 months. There is a requirement to be observed within a teaching practise whilst on the course for successful completion of the Qualification. You will be required to have access to teaching practice whilst on the course.