The qualification is made up of a combination of units according to IQA job roles. There is a knowledge unit which can be taken whether you are performing the job role or not, and then a performance unit depending upon the specific requirements of your job role.
You will undertake two units :
- Unit 1- will be assessed by assignment, professional discussion and/or oral and written questions
- Unit 2 – will be assessed by observation of your performance, professional discussion and/or oral and written questions, along with a review of products and evidence of your work
On completion of the qualification you will develop knowledge and skills in the principles and practices of internal quality assurance.
This qualification covers the following areas:
- the underpinning knowledge and understanding of the principles of and practices of internal quality assurance
- the planning of quality assurance
- evaluation of the quality of assessment; maintenance and improvement of the quality of assessment; managing information relating to the quality of assessment and maintaining robust and legal quality assurance practice.